Saturday the 22nd, first day of Ramadan, i woke up early, packed my laptop bag, and went to college. It was the 2nd meeting in our organization for the Software Freedom Day@Alexandria University.
Actually it was my first one as i didn't attend the first one :D.
After reviewing our progress till now in the event, we got the bad news. We have some problems concerning our fund.
Things are getting tougher now. However, we will not quit. Somehow we managed to fix some stuff and still working on others.
About the event, It will be 2 weeks long starting from September the 1st till September the 15th.
The two weeks will contain many activities:
- Presentations covering wide range of Linux related topic:
- Linux (Day to Day usage, Administration and Development).
- Open Source programming languages (C, Java, PHP, Ruby and Python).
- Closed Source replacements.
- Open Source Culture.
- The future of computing and the role of open source in the future.
- Computer Security.
- Live Demos of installing, configuring and using FOSS.
- Stands that provide on-site installation and information.
- Study Groups that provide participants with guidelines to teach themselves more about FOSS.
- Contests held on different levels to urge participants to read a lot and know more.
Technical at Yahoo! inc.
Consultant at SkyFire Labs
Sr. Systems Administrator at MobiTV
Sr. Software engineer at Symantec corp.
Industry veteran with more than 10 years of experience in Linux and UNIX networking and development as well as RDBMS and large scale systems.
Ahmed Desouki Ahmed El-Mekkawy
Solutions Team Leader for a team of Gnu/Linux administrators to
setup/maintaining development environment and services on the local
network and remote Administration for various development / testing /
production environments for world-wide clients
Come on and register now , and you may be one of the first 50 registered users and win with us ;)
or join us on the event page on facebook
update: The event Program is now available .. check it now http://bit.ly/194CpU